The vast majority of rides taken on the Munda Biddi Trail are day trips or short rides of between two days and a week. Cyclists may drive up to the hills from Perth for the day, or base themselves in one of the towns along the Trail. The experience will differ depending on the time of year, the section ridden and the age-group, fitness or experience of the cyclists. Here is a list of things to think about before you get going for a day ride.
- Purchase a Munda Biddi Trail map. Only the official maps will give you all the correct information you need. All of these can be purchased from the online shop.
- Using the maps, decide how far and for how long you want to cycle based upon the ability of the weakest or slowest cyclist in your group, the legal access points and the weather.
- Decide whether you are able to do a straight through ride from one point to another (by doing a car shuffle using two cars) or a return ride.
- Take a watch, to decide when to turn back etc.
- Use only appropriate access points (marked on maps with red or green cars). Only the official maps show vehicle access points you are permitted to use to get to the Trail. For more information, visit our FAQs.
- Adhere to the Leave No Trace principles.
- Check current Trail conditions in our Section by Section guide.
- Understand and abide by health, hygiene and safety guidelines.
- Be first-aid trained.
- Check the facilities out on the Trail so you know what to expect.
- Tell someone where you are going and what time you expect to return.
Family Friendly and Beginner Rides
For more laid back, simple rides on the trail, the following rides are rated as easy (classified by level of difficulty based on distance, level of terrain and surface conditions).
Mundaring/Sculpture Park to Mundaring Weir (8km): Map 1
Westons Rd to Brookton Hwy (13km): Map 1
Gleneagle Picnic Area to Balmoral (16.5km): Map 1
Jarrahdale to Balmoral (great family ride, 13km): Map 1
Marrinup to Dwellingup (5km): Map 2
Nanga to Bidjar Ngoulin campground (12km): Map 3
Logue Brook Picnic Area to Stromlo Road (15 km): Map 3
Myles Ave to Lancaster Rd (through Yarri campground, 16km): Map 3
Collie to Mornington Rd (15.5km): Map 4
Nala Mia campground to Claymore Rd (15.7km): Map 4